The TCSA is Hiring an Association Resource Manager
This position is a 30 hour a week position with a portion of hours occuring every other Sunday during the school year to attend and Chair the TCSA Board of Director meetings. Hours may also occur in the evenings during election periods (2 per academic year).
- Act as the Associations Chief Electoral Officer; Chair all meetings of the Board of Directors; act in accordance with the Association's by-laws, standing resolutions and Roberts Rules of Order; additional responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with the provision of the Association's by-laws. Board meetings occur bi-weekly on Sundays during the academic term.
- Coordinate and oversee the Brand Ambassador Team; recruit, supervise and schedule.
- Organize and facilitate director trainings (spring and fall)
- Organize and facilitate executive shadow period
- Attend all meetings of the Board including SAGM
- Chair all meetings of the Board of Directors; act in accordance with the Association’s by-laws and standing resolutions.
- Ensure all documents pertaining to all meetings of the Board are distributed in a timely fashion including minutes, agenda and reports; post to the Association website.
- Track board attendance and keep board informed of director standings
- Act as a resource for directors during directors office hours
- Ensure adequate corporate records are maintained and filed including current records of the Association i.e. minutes of meetings, director reports, letters patent, and updated director membership with the Canadian Revenue Agency.
- The Association Resource Manager, in conjunction with the Operations and Services Manager, is responsible for the hiring and management of all full and part-time staff of the Association including job postings and conducting interviews.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of employee contracts and personnel files including but not limited to disciplinary forms, letters of confidentiality, personnel information, and records of training and records of employment.
- Organize the training of staff of the Association including but not limited to AODA, Positive Space, and job position training.
- The production of a Staffing Plan in consultation with the Operations and Services Manager and the Finance and Operations Committee.
- Assist the Executive with the production and maintenance of an Executive Handbook (teaching tool for incoming Executive).
- Recruit and coordinate the Association’s representatives on university advisory committees, committees of Senate, and wherever the Association has student seats.
- Responsible for the updating and production of the TCSA policy book
- Responsible for creating and updating deadline requirements calendar to reflect the current bylaws and policies.
- Responsible for ensuring the Association stays in good standing with the Corporations Act
- Chair of the Association’s Summer Committee; taking, producing and distributing minutes.
- Sit ex-officio on Organizational Review and Development Committee
- Shared front desk responsibilities during the summer term.
The successful candidate will ideally be:
- Knowledgeable of the Association's by-laws and policies
- Knowledgeable of Robert's Rules of Order
- Experienced in team building and management
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Approachable and outgoing; comfortable engaging with students
- Strong presentation or teaching skills an asset
- Assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- A leader with a focus on people, progress, and achievements
- Clear and concise communication in both written and verbal form
- Self-motivated, reliable, and organized; excellent time management skills
- Discrete and ethical in dealing with confidential information
- Diplomatic or firm when necessary to drive business forward or obtain results
- Energized by an ever changing environment of office staff and board of directors
- Highly detail oriented and able to work autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence and ease
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple groups
$23,640 - 26,100 depending on experience.
Interested applicants may email a resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a letter of interest indicating why you believe this is an important position within the TCSA and how your interpersonal skills will help you be successful in this position. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: The TCSA aims to be an inclusive and anti-oppressive organization and as such invites candidacies from all individuals. While all responses are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The TCSA is an independently incorporated students union working within the Trent University community.